It is the responsibility of the Finance Department to develop and maintain adequate financial records, reports and budgetary controls of receipts, disbursements, and reserves of the City in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
Additional duties include:
- Arranging for the annual audit
- Preparing the annual budget
- Managing the debt service on outstanding bond issues
- Assisting in formulating long range financial plans
- Keeping current inventories of all City property
- Performing purchasing, payroll and risk management duties
Also of Interest...